Hot Buttered Rum
The surprise hit of this years holiday season, this drink is much lighter than it might seem from reading the recipe. Make up a batch of the batter for the freezer, then all you need to do is heat some water, add some dark rum and a scoop of the batter. Yum.
- 1 c unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- Dark rum
- Hot water
- In a large bowl cream the butter and the sugars together until smooth.
- Add the softened ice cream and mix until a creamy consistency is obtained.
- Transfer this to a freezer container with a tight fitting lid. Place in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- To Serve: Place a heaping 2 tablespoons of the frozen mix in a highball glass or coffee mug. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons dark rum. Pour over the mix 6 ounces of boiling water and stir until the mixture is melted. Sprinkle top with cinnamon or nutmeg and serve forth!