Greek Lamb with Spinach and Artichokes
Slow-cooked lamb and beans, with artichokes and spinach tossed in at the end, all topped with feta cheese. To paraphrase Jerry Maguire: "You had me at Greek Lamb." We usually make a double batch, and it barely fits in our 4.5qt slow-cooker.
- 2-2.5 lb boneless lamb shoulder roast
- 19oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 c fresh baby spinach
- 3 c hot cooked orzo (6oz uncooked)
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
- In a 3.5 or 4qt slow cooker, stir together meat, beans, undrained tomatoes, garlic, salt and oregano
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high heat setting for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in drained artichoke hearts and spinach.
- To serve, spoon lamb mixture over hot cooked orzo. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.