Source: Ilvedson family recipe
- 2.5 c flour
- 2 c sugar
- 3/4 c butter
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1 t vanilla
- Mix first five ingredients with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly, like pie crust.
- Take out 1/2 c of mixture and add cinnamon. Set aside for topping.
- To remaining flour mixture, add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well by hand - do not use an electric mixer, for fear of over-mixing.
- Grease bottom of 2 8" or 9" cake pans and line bottoms with wax paper for easy removal.
- Pour batter into cake pans. Sprinkle topping over top an bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Test with toothpick.